Saturday, February 13, 2010

Turning in my Curmudgeon Badge

OK I did manage to sleep through the Olympic opening ceremony, which should earn me my badge, but have found myself this morning quite captivated by CTV's 24-hour coverage, including recaps of the opening ceremony. Seems the VANOC team were witty and very intelligent in their playing of the lighting of the cauldron.
Whatever I might sarcastically say at times, it is a great country. And I am lucky to have been born here.
And I agree with EclectEcon, there is a ridiculous overemphasis on a marginal part of the population, bet we do like totem poles.
I am now looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
As much as the Olympics are an utterly fraudulent enterprise, they are also extremely attractive, and expose us to an incredible number of attractive young people with attractive qualities like perseverance and application.
So sorry Curmudgeon Society - I have to drop out until March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home